Thursday, November 1, 2007

Shading and more shading








Add Video

This was an assignment out of our text book. We were learning about different techniques of shading and the tools in which to complete them. The three different techniques shown here is hatching, cross hatching, and random. I did realize that after I had finished all the sphere, cone, and cube drawings that I did the light source in the wrong spot on the sphere. It should have been more towards the top left. We also had to try the drawings in both pencil and pen. I personally think I did better with the pencil than the pen. With the pencil you can use different leads that are available and make different tones and shades. The disadvantage of the pen is that the ink is only one color so you have to rely on the density of the strokes to create a lighter look. This was difficult for me. The only time that I have used ink for a shading assignment was in High School my sophomore year. The technique that I used was stippling. I am hoping that I will get better at shading with a pen because I think the end result of a pen and ink drawing is very neat.

1 comment:

. said...

More excellent work!