Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Shading Assignments- Second Set













I chose to post all of my drawings instead of the ones that I felt were best because I appreciate seeing all of my work. Due to my shading the images here do not look the same as the originals. I found these drawings that were done in ink to be a somewhat difficult because the ink is more permanent and you have to rely on the density of the lines instead of the actual shade. Personally I still think I need more work with the hatching, cross-hatching, and random shading techniques. I do still think that I am best at the smudge technique. Before this was really what I thought that shading was but now I know that there are multiple techniques that can be used.

2 comments:

. said...

I find your work to be absolutely inspired!

(I may be a bit biased though)

troy said...

these are all really great. i especially love the third from the bottom ... the crosshatching is so meticulous on this one. very cool!