Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Time Capsule

Thumbnails and Prototype of the Zine


This is my prototype for the zine that I made for the process of the time capsule project. The actual page in the zine changed some what.












The is a zine of my process so far on the Time Capsule project. It starts in the beginning and ends with my final idea. The final idea has a clear tube assigned to every first year student who would then write a letter to themselves on translucent paper and role it up and place it in the tube. The groups of four represent the groups that we would work in throughout the semester. The sculpture would have a ground level light installed under it that would shine up through and on the paper. The light would help show the writing and but not completely reveal it.

Drawings that have been touched up


I actually went back in and added some more contrast and now the cube actually looks as if it has a hole going all the way through.

Shadings of refined iterations


These are drawings of my refined ideas. My favorite idea is the bottom one that has the clear cylinders. The cube at the top is supposed to have a hole completely through it but this is hard to tell from the drawing.

No comments: