Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Memory Container


This was actually my second iteration and once again I failed because the figure did not have the ability to stand for a long period of time. I change that I made from the first to the second iteration was the spiral in the center.


This was my first iteration and as you can tell it did not last very long. The four angled pieces were the four legs that were evenly spaced around the spiral circle.



This was the third iteration. This was I was still in the process of figuring how to attach the legs. This iteration is missing a leg, opposite the medium height leg.







This was my final result and I am very pleased with it. I was given suggestions to make the legs more three dimensional and maybe let the spiral dangle. The only reason there are three legs instead of four is because I came to the conclusion that making the legs 3-D would make it difficult to see the pink cone and spiral it there were four. Someone also made the comment the the three legs mimic the three sides of the triangle legs. This makes it more pleasing to the eye.

No comments: