Wednesday, April 6, 2011

professional practice_ assignment 4.0

High Point Furniture Market
April 2011


http://www.highpointmarket.org/default.aspx


www.flickr.com

For my second networking event I attended the High Point Furniture Market. More specifically I attended one of their educational events called "Marketing Yourself by Design". This event focused on the increasing interest in marketing yourself using different tools like a blog, twitter, and facebook. I received a lot of insight and knowledge about doing each of these approaches to better yourself and company. I also went to the Natuzzi showroom, a building that I have always dreamed of going inside. I absolutely love the design of the Natuzzi building. I was fortunate enough to receive a personal tour from Edgar Cabrera, an alum of the IARc department. Edgar was great to talk to and had a lot of advice for us graduating seniors. Edgar is truly an inspiration and I appreciate the wonderful experience he gave us.

No comments: