Saturday, February 12, 2011

professional practice_ assignment 1.0


For assignment one of the iarc pro practice class we had to submit a cover letter, resume, and a single page portfolio to determine which of the four mock firms that we were going to be in for a different assignment. The was a really helpful task because it helped me start to figure out my personal branding and the manner in which i would like my portfolio design to head. After submitting the assignment I came to the conclusion that the green that I often use for my graphics and projects was not exactly the right way to express who I am. It is not very accurate in describing me. Ever since I have been working on determining the correct branding for myself and my design philosophy.

This assignment was also the first time that I had to write a cover letter. This was definitely a beneficial task. I realize how important it is to know about the business that you are writing to and that it is also important that you don't say the information that you plan to tell them in the resume. The one thing that I feel is really awkward is that you have to say so much about yourself. I feel like this starts to sound really selfish and shallow, but I understand it is necessary to best explain yourself in a very short period.

No comments: