Wednesday, March 5, 2008

!!PRODUCE!! - The Bell Peppers



This is a overall picture of all four group member's projects. We tried to create a display that was simple and explained our process on its own without us actually having to tell you. Although difficult to see in the image some of the pattern drawings are raised several foam board thicknesses above the others. The purpose of this is to show the change throughout the project in which different turning points occurred. The final model I created is displayed separate from the others models. I am quite pleased with my final model.



The above two are exterior views of my produce, the red pepper.


The top pattern of these two is one of the original patterns and the second one is of the same pattern but with the twisting action of pliers.



These two patterns are in the same situation as the above two. The twisting action is also applied here.



Both of these patterns are of the set where a tool was applied. The top one is being pulled from the center outer point. The bottom one I imagined the individual shapes to be as if the pliers were squeezing the direct center.



This is a haiku that I wrote that explains the overall project and the effects that my tool had on my patterns. The pattern directly above it is a three dimensional collage of one of my patterns. I really liked how this turned out but I have to admit that I did not end up using this pattern to build my 3-D model. I chose a completely different pattern that I thought would be expressed better three dimensionally. The pattern below is actually the pattern that I chose to use.

The pictures below are of the models I created in the order that they were completed. This shows the process that I took to get my final architectural statement model. The last four pictures are of the final model and they are just taken from different views.








No comments: