Thursday, February 14, 2008

Perspective Drawings of Curry

The image on top is of the drawing in which I received inspiration for my own drawing. I liked this first one because of the sharp, straight lines that were created. This drawing came from a book called Pencil Sketching, by Thomas C. Wang.


What I liked about this drawing was the way in which the artist put very black areas in the front and gradually got lighter as the space moved back. This drawing is by Bill Hook and came from the American Society of Architectural Illustrators web site


This drawing caught my attention because of the technique used for shading. They appear to be random hatching strokes but not any where near a scribble technique. I found this drawing also on the American Society of Architectural Illustrators website.

I really like this image which is odd for me but I like it because of the quick somewhat messy strokes made by the pen. Although it looks kind of messy it looks very complete and finished. This drawing is by Mike W. Lin and it came out of a book titled Drawing and Designing with Confidence.

I like this drawing because it is different in a good way. Never myself have I really thought about using a random scribble technique for my shading. In fact I have been somewhat scared to try this. The scribbling makes the drawing look so real. This drawing is by Jim Hayes and also from the book Drawing and Designing with Confidence.

1 comment:

troy said...

these are really nice drawings, lauren. i really love the first one of the main entry hall ... every line is exactly where it needs to be. the stippling also adds nice detail to the floor.