Monday, January 28, 2008

18 inch 2"x4"


This I believe is one of my best projects yet and it has been my favorite even though working with wood was kind of stressful. The main idea to this project was to use every bit of a 18" 2" by 4" piece of wood. We could use no more or no less than the 18" and no adhesive could be used. I cut two circles and then used the rest of the wood to make 16 slats. the triangular pieces left over from the circle were positioned in between the two circles. I had to cut small notches out from around the circles in order to wedge the 16 slats in.







These are temporary pictures of my final project that were taken at my very messy desk. I plan to get better pictures up soon.

These are some of the original ideas that I had for this project although none of them were utilized. My final product was inspired from the drawing at the top right that spirals.

1 comment:

leah petriccione said...

Your project was one of my favorites!! It's so simple, I like how you turned something so square and straight dimensionally and turned into the complete opposite shape and feel.