Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Andrea Joseph's sketchbook blog

I really enjoyed Andrea Joseph's blog site because it was simple yet interesting. Her blog stood out to me because her personality shined through her work and it caught my eye. Her art work really related to my personality. I loved all the pieces done of the shoes and the girlie things. One can really tell her style by the different pieces that she has posted. The pieces vary from flowers, shoes, and purses to cooking items. I enjoyed looking at her pieces of art because they are colorful and eye appealing. I think that art that has been sketched with pencil but also had some color added is really interesting and fun to look at. This is my favorite type of art. Link

2 comments:

uncg interior architecture said...

I think you hit on one of the qualities that makes Andrea's work standout for me...it really expresses her personality. Keep this in mind this semester as you try to find things to draw. What surrounds you? What do you enjoy? Make this your subject matter.

Also, try to provide the link to Andrea's blog by highlighting her name.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Hi Lauren,

Thanks so much for the review of my blog. It's really nice to hear that your work resonates wih people. That is why I love everyday subject matter so much. The things that suround us, that are part of our lives. The stuff that we sometimes take for granted. I like to take these kind of objects and make people look at them in a differnet way.

I agree with the above comment - it is really important to draw what you enjoy and to enjoy what you draw. Thanks again, Andrea.

BTW, love your hand drawing and the paperclips!